Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
bachristmas2008

Hello!

Mike

I will stop by, what time does your show run. I actually work very close to Battlecreek and can maybe hit it after work.

Mike

By the way did the Tulsa World contact either of you for an article in this Sunday's Spot section? I talked to them on Friday last week and she said it should run this Sunday the 21st.

By the way did the Tulsa World contact either of you for an article in this Sunday's Spot section? I talked to them on Friday last week and she said it should run this Sunday the 21st.

Yep, I believe her name was Jenny, I told her nice things about your display.

By the way Mike have you seen mine.

Bill

I have not been out this year to look at any displays. I am hoping to get out this weekend. I have made it a point to get out the last couple of years to see yours though. I noticed traffic last weekend really picked up. I need to focus on my FM tuner for next year. I use the whole house transmitter and it is not transmitting very well.

I need to focus on my FM tuner for next year. I use the whole house transmitter and it is not transmitting very well.

Well it is called "Whole House Transmitter" not "Whole House and down the block Transmitter".

If you are interested in a Ramsey let me know, I'll give you the same deal I gave Ron Voight, I will assemble it for free (as long as it's not the FM100B), or there are the EDM's, I hear good things about them.

Bill

Mike

Came by and saw your show last week. Very, very nice. Made me want to go home and do some more tweeking on mine. I'm at 22120 E 67th St. in Timberbrook here in BA. Come by and take a look if you get a chance. I'll be up until New Years eve.

Cotrill- I can vouch for Bill Gremlers work. He built my Ramsey FM25B and it's worked great all season. Last year I used a Belkin mod and worried every night if it was going to run or not.

Merry Christmas to all!

Mike

Came by and saw your show last week. Very, very nice. Made me want to go home and do some more tweeking on mine. I'm at 22120 E 67th St. in Timberbrook here in BA. Come by and take a look if you get a chance. I'll be up until New Years eve.

Cotrill- I can vouch for Bill Gremlers work. He built my Ramsey FM25B and it's worked great all season. Last year I used a Belkin mod and worried every night if it was going to run or not.

Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks Ron, thats nice and I think I gave you the right price.

Thanks guys,

Thanks for the comments!! I have seen all your shows and I loved them! Its amazing how some of the same songs can look so different... I have been too darn busy trying to get my darn inflatable nutcrackers to stand up to reply. Remarkably, the storm we had last nite only knocked down my big drum and that's it. Just got back from the Wally today and bought out all the cases of white and red for next year. I bought just over 10,000 lights today for about $150!!!! I'm going back tomorrow for more, I just simply can't afford to buy 10000 LEDs! I am going to add 2 more of what I call my "money" trees, lol...they have been a hit and are a direct rip off of Holdmans, but I like mine better because they are real trees, not wire, and with the strobes and white wire they are knockouts. Also, next year I'm gonna do the arches, (of course, with a twist), and a big mega tree. My neighbors love the show so much they are gonna let me use a little of their yards too for some stuff. Since we have sidewalks here, I will make some tunnels and I'm going to make a few pushbutton control things for the the little kids to control, etc....IS IT CHRISTMAS YET??? lol

Donations wise, I'm at $250 for the hospice right now. Probably not as much as you guys, but it started really slow and now we are averaging about 20-40 $ per night. I bought the little video from the internet of Santa doing different things and I projected it onto a semi clear scrim in my front window. I absolutely swear that ever since, my traffic has doubled!!! I can actually hear people in their cars debating whether or not it's real, it's an absolute knockout effect. One cute little old lady was practically yelling at the other people in the car telling them "it's real, it's real", lol!!!!

I think we should all try to get together sometime after we tear down and talk about our displays for next year! Maybe we could meet at my house if you want, and share stories, etc??

Also, on the transmitter issues, I would have to say that the HLLY transmitters are, hands down, the way to go. So far, ZERO issues, ZERO problems. The show sounds like a commercial station. I have a couple posts up about power, etc. My range is ridiculous, way too much, but I can be 1000% sure that everyone that has a scanning car radio will stop on my station. Before, with the 100mw transmitters, the radio in my Cadillac would only stop on my station half the time. VERY annoying. Now, i can hear my show when i turn into the neighborhood. I know, way too much power, but I run a filter on it, etc....

Mike

Edited by bachristmas2008

Hey bachristmas2008,

I hope it is ok, I added you to my list of local sites to see.

Cotrill told me about it.

http://bachristmasdisplay.com

Please, by all means add me to your site! Love your display and your site really is incredible. I swear i searched google 100 times and simply did not see that link! I wish I would have seen it sooner, I missed alot of these displays but am going tomorrow night!

PS...I bought my lights today at Wally for my arches next year!! I will also email you a pic and a link to my youtube!! Thanks!!

I know what you mean about the paper. We were featured in the world on the 10th, in the "people and places" section, and it really helped. Now the darn limos won't leave us alone! One big one really cranks up the music, and they have serious bass. I had to go tell the guy thanks for the visits, but ya gotta turn down the subwoofers a little. I could hear it from inside my living room!! Kinda my fault tho, my music has some pretty good techno, and the HLLY transmitter is a killer....What a great article you got there!!! I'm kinda bummed *sniff* lol that we didn't make that article with the maps, etc. I think the world thought once was enough I guess, lol. We did get on the news at 6 on KOTV last Sunday night for about 30 seconds!! They put up the address and traffic blew up! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! lol

Mike

Mike

BAChristmas2008

I think getting together after the first of the year is a great idea. I would definatly be interested in coming.

Ron

I am up for a get together as well. I didn't buy any lights this year! (I bought 20,000 last year and couldn't come close to using them all). I am going to add a few more controllers this year so I can use the ones I have in my attic :). Hopefully LOR will have another sale to get rid of inventory again this year around March like they did last year.

Are you all leaving your lights up through new years? I told a bunch of people I would, but with this nice weather it is tempting to start tearing down. I was very temtped to today.

I'm going out tonite again to check out displays. Look for the white cadillac stalking around your houses, lol. Went to wally AGAIN today and picked up 2 more of my "money" trees for 16 bucks each. Also got some new stands for them and another 2 cases of blue and green minis. I'm DONE (yeah right). Now, just need to wait for the big sale and pick up 3 more controllers.

I was thinkin the same thing about tear down, I really think tonight will probably be the last busy night. After tonite, its over for the year I think. I might take a day off the next nice day and start tearing down. By the way, Bloss rentals on Mingo has 60 foot bucket lifts for about $125 per day, and believe me, once you've done it this way, using a ladder seems pretty darn ridiculous! Much safer, too....

Mike

We were in Tulsa to see some family.

Funny Story about that....

I didn't think I was going to get to you.... My mapping in my GPS is several years old, and I did not have you in my GPS. We went to see my wife's family, also in a newer division that isn't in my GPS. They live on Narcissisus in Broken Arrow. So we turn off 145th onto Sandusky and start back into my inlaw's subdivison and....

You guessed it. I locked up everyone's seat belt when I passed a street named Rockport.... lol.

Turns out you're almost close enough to my wife's family to throw a rock and hit your house....

Anyways, nice Display and looking forward to seeing it next year....

I think we should all try to get together sometime after we tear down and talk about our displays for next year! Maybe we could meet at my house if you want, and share stories, etc??

I AM SO IN!!! WHEN??? WHERE??? LET'S DO IT!!!

Yes, I know all caps equals shouting. But on this subject, I feel like shouting....

College football is almost over. Fishing season is 2.5 months away. I've got some dead time here to learn and plan for next year...

Ok, first of all I want to know which one of you guys bought ALL the LED icicles at big lots the other night! lol....I went at 5 in the evening, they had 10 boxes, and then went back at 8 or so and they were sold!!! You got a heck of a deal, lol!!!!! I snoozed!

After the OU game, and we get torn down would be a good time to get together. Maybe end of January or so, right after we get to looking forward to christmas again!!!!??? What you guys think??

PS..Is it really over? Guess I have to finally hit "disable show" tonight!!!! Wow

Mike

hello guys I seen most of your shows in the broken arrow tulsa area this year. Bachchristmas I seen your many times. I drive with galaxy limosine as a second job. I teach in Wagoner and live in Coweta. this is my first year. I was using LOR with 16 channels and about 7000 lights. I have purchased a butt load more and waiting to buy more controllers. All you guys have really inspired me and made a monster. I would really like to be added to this group to learn some new ideas. I got all my stuff taken down and put away yesterday and finished up one arch today. Never to early to start. take care guys.

Jeremy

I was just looking at all of the BA displays and I was thinking of a meet? Bill was such a big help with my little display, coming out and fixing my laptop. I was thinking if we could get together and go over any questions some of us might have. What do you all think?

Even though I am selling my display (I am not getting out of Christmas, just getting much smaller) I would still like to come if I am invited. (I just wish someone local wanted to buy my display so I could see it again).

Bill

Bill your display is sold, call me or let's do lunch with the new owner, I can set up a meet. I do know I will need 10 more controllers to add to the 43 I have now but my boss is jumping in LOR for 2009. Like I have said before if there is anyone out there wanting to help with the programming let me know. James