Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
jfelix

Calling all Georgians, where is your display

Merry Christmas Everyone.

As requested, Stockbridge GA checking in with our location. Show runs on the weekends. Fri-Sun/ 7:00 to 9:00 pm. We are still only running 16 channels, but our show looks great. It's a little long. Next year we will shorten our songs. Nearly 30.min for 11 songs. Our snowflakes on the roof...wow!

Holiday Hills

99 East Mays Road

Stockbridge, GA 30281

Michael and Kenneth

Sorry everyone...it runs from 7:00 to 10:00

My Bad.

Went past John Meckley's display in Kennesaw last night and all I can say is

W O W !!!!!

Here are the directions to his house

http://www.meckleyfamilyxmas.com/3.html

He has really done a great job. Sat outside for about 25 minutes and had to leave. Don't know how long the whole show runs yet. I have not seen him on pc for quite awhile. I am going to try to talk to him this weekend.

My piddly first year display is finally running well. Now that I have my "tune to" sign up some folks have been stopping to watch. Already starting to think about things to add for next year. Yes, I am addicted.

We've had our display up since Thansksgiving and it's worked very well. We've been enjoying the happy faces and dancing that the kids do when the see it. I can't tell you how happy I am to have this all done :) Many thanks to several locals that helped out- especially Larry Cupp for providing several blow molds, 1000's of lights, and guidance.

For right now, I've released just one video. After BlueRay DVDs are made, I'll post all of them as time permits. See blog, video, and pictures at

http://www.myspace.com/alhopper

I'll be trying to visit as many local display as I can... still fine-tuning all of the sequences. If you come over, be sure to ring the doorbell and say hi.

Later, Al

Edited by als_xmas
Change to URL

For right now, I've released just one video. After BlueRay DVDs are made, I'll post all of them as time permits. See blog, video, and pictures at

http://www.myspace.com/alhopper

Later, Al

I tried to view the video to but could not get anything to come up. I am not a myspace user or fan. Do you need to have a login in order to see the video?

OK Guys and gals, I am doing the map as we had tried to do for several years now, so reply to this with an address and a small discritption. I have started a GOOGLE map for us. but some of you can't be located on google without some manipulation.

so go to Google maps, locate your place and send me the link. I will add it to the GA Christmas Lights Map.

I do have a lot of addresses but haven't got it all together yet. It is a warm day today and I am out to decorate some of the shall we say older folks houses in the neighborhood today with the next door neighbor.

But I will get the links up tonight so that we can have a current map of the displays in Georgia.

and then when it is done hopefully we can point people to it amd print the Addresses and map off.

Thanks for your help,

Merry Christmas

My display has been up since Thanksgiving. Its going well. I have good traffic, but not enough to cause a problem with neighbors-yet. Thank goodness.

It turned out pretty well with 160 channels of LOR and 30,000 lights.

Our Make A Wish collection is going good too!

Hi everyone. I just getting started. My plan is to try to hit up the sales between now and after xmas for lights. I'm hoping to have 16 or 32 up next year. I have a long way to go, as my static display consists of 5 candy canes. :rolleyes:

My family and my In-laws were looking hit up some of the displays up in north east of Atlanta. Blearning, If I could get a copy of the map, i'd appreciate it. I saw some of the postings for Cumming, Flowery Branck, and Alpharetta, so hopefully we hit up some next Saturday we'll hit them all up.

Brian

Lawrenceville

Hey guys new member here. I live in Savannah and was wondering if there is anybody in my area. This is my first year computerized. Right now I have about 7-8000 lights up with about half of it on an 8 channels parallel port relay board. My house is still static but I have a small display in the yard with some mini trees and candy canes that are on the controller. Next year I am planning 64 channels on a Grinch board, still debating dimmable or not, about 20000 lights and a 32 channel mega tree.

you can update it with 3580 poplar springs rd, gainesville, ga. with 64 channels, 12000 light and 10 songs, 6-11pm on 93.5FM and its my first year

Cattle...

Our web site has been updated with videos for 2008

Great job Michelle. You did a really good job on the arches. I watched all the videos.

Hey Everyone! I have had my show running since December 1, but haven't been on PC in a while. I have my display up again this year in Lawrenceville running about 200 channels with about 30,000 lights. I have videos up at the link below. A couple of them (including the priceless video) are available in high quality from youtube after clicking the video image.

http://www.holidayautomation.com/videos.php

If you want directions, you can find them below:

http://www.holidayautomation.com/live.php

Also, if you haven't already, don't forget to register your display on my site using the link below!

http://www.holidayautomation.com/displayregister.php

Merry Christmas!

Joe

(aka the other Joey)

Thanks Jim! We worked hard. Even with the 2 hip surgeries...we got through it ok. I am very happy with the arches too!

I wanted to get on my roof higher up, but there was no way to get up there. Some of the upper lights are crooked because they were hung with a pole and could not be put on perfectly like i wanted...but it is not that apparent in person. I think Im so critical of myself, but it is not noticeable in person.

I wanna see your videos Jim......

Joe, I saw your videos last week. Great job!

Finally finished with everything. Just in time to start taking it down (just kidding). Had a lot of great comments on my display.

Also, I hope everyone has a safe holiday and Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

Thanks Michelle. I plan to redo the video and stuff. I cannot open my video into any of my editing programs to redo the music so I am going to try and import directly from the camcorder into movie maker. I saw your videos too and it looks great. I woudl like to do some arches next year, but after seeing how many people are doing them I think my hat is our of the ring. We want to try and take the display to the next level next year if we can get the lights. If I do, my roof will be covered in lights.

Becky love your display. I am a big fan of some lighted sculptures and I love yours.

Just saw this thread and thought I'd better get on the list. Powered up on Thanksgiving. This is my 2nd year for a musically synchronized display although I'm using two GE Lights and Sounds - 40 song versions w/one modified to transmit on 88.3 FM with a Belkin Tunecast.

I'm delighted to announce that our display won 1st place in the Residential Division of The Roswell/Georgia Power Holiday Decorating Contest. The judges' comments were - Beautiful display w/ music. Contributions to the Children Hospital (very nice touch).

1-20' Megatree - 4800 lights sync'd w/ 1st LASOC

2-10' Megatrees - each 2400 lights + 100 Lawn Lights sync'd w/ 2nd LASOC

12 minitrees - controlled by Noma Instant Light Show

4 inflatables, a few wire frames plus misc house lighting

Donations accepted for the Sibley Heart Center at Childrens Hospital of Atlanta.

Please stop by any evening from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm. I'd love to chat.

No posted videos but pictures attached for those who can't make it.

Richard & Peggy Nitto

311 Julep Ct

Alpharetta, GA 30004

richard_nitto@comcast.net

Edited by rjnitto
Added Pics

Nice job on the win Richard....

I really need to get out see all these displays. I would love to hear what the Georgian pc'ers think of my display,

http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?p=276880#post276880

There are SOOOO many little problems with this year's display. I have many half strings out but only two are even noticable...unfortunatly. It bugs me sooo much though. Also I wasn't able to completely finish one of my trees with white because all the stores sold out. It's gonna be slim pickens come after christmas sales.

I'm having trouble getting videos edited with music. Will work on the ASAP

Come check it out and leave a little note in the donation box saying hello.....I always love getting messages from the viewers.

Dennis

I think everyone's displays look great. Whats fun is, we are all so different. Everyone has certain elements that they like or want in their in their show. I personally want a mega tree. I hope to have one sometime. :)

Joey...you have driveway arches. Maybe they don't move like leaping lights, but you have them in some form. And your stars look great. You include your grass with your mini trees and that's cool.

DStack-your display is nice. I like the circle shape with your mini trees.

Becky-I love your display.

Jim- Its not how much you have, its what you do with it. :P

The whole idea of PC is is to share ideas and put elements in your show that you want to have. Most people have a mega tree or mini trees or arches. But, they all look different in our yards. I personally had to help my great neighbor Gina and she wanted arches too. Her first year and she wanted arches too like me in my 3rd year. Its fun because hers look different in her yard and do different things than mine.

I think its fun seeing what we all come up with each year.

I also love static displays too. I have seen some that are so gorgeous.

Got a chance to watch your videos Michelle, Great Job!!! to you & Kevin. It all flows very nicely. Hope you guys are doing well and have a very Merry CHRISTmas.