Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
RichardH

You've Been Booed!

That sounds like such a cool idea! I would love to try it next year but our neighborhood is one where there's not a whole lot of kids and many people don't even know their neighbors' names (or maybe we say "Hello" and that's about it). Does/would it still work?

Hi there guys!! I am a new member as well and Lil bit I am in Orlando too!!!

Richard i absolutely love your site! Booing was a Huge hit in our neighborhood this year!! And we have tons of kids in the neighborhood and by the way, i don't know the neighbors that well. That made the booing all the more special!!! in this day and age of internet frankly I was shocked at all the trick or treaters we had. However we were thrilled!!

I have an idea. For those that missed the booing this year. i was researching on the internet on being able to do this with just about ANY holiday!! i think it is a great way to be neighborly and put a fantastic smile on people's faces!!

Richard how open are you to changing your site with the seasons???? I think that would be great and of GREAT service!!

I found a website with poems for :

Thanksgiving--"you've been gobbled"--Funny Turkey

Christmas-- "You've been jingled"-- Bells

Valentine--"You've been kissed"--hearts

St. Patrick's Day--"you've been clovered"--4 leaf clover, leprechaun

Easter--"you've been bunnied"--Easter bunny, egg, etc

Obviously you wouldnt do this for every holiday, that would drive people crazy however to spontaneously do it would be great and having a template would be even better!!

Does any else have any ideas about this?? I would love the feedback!! Giving is so much fun!! Especially with the way the economy is this year, I think it is so important for people to feel that others care and doing the "booing" helps in a small way!! I definitley will be jingling people this year!!!! :)

oh here are the links I found

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382071

http://www.busybeelifestyle.com/youve-been-jingled/

http://www.busybeelifestyle.com/a-jingling-poem/

Our first try at this for Halloween this year was dismal unfortunately.....

We picked (what we thought) the two most creative neighbours and dropped our BOO gifts off with the note and nothing :confused:.

Ohh well, we will try it again next year!

I just got done create the web site at

www.beenjingled.com

beenjingled-color.jpg

It is just like the beenbooed.com web site but with a Jingling Elf.

Richard how open are you to changing your site with the seasons???? I think that would be great and of GREAT service!!

I found a website with poems for :

Thanksgiving--"you've been gobbled"--Funny Turkey

Christmas-- "You've been jingled"-- Bells

Valentine--"You've been kissed"--hearts

St. Patrick's Day--"you've been clovered"--4 leaf clover, leprechaun

Easter--"you've been bunnied"--Easter bunny, egg, etc

Obviously you wouldnt do this for every holiday, that would drive people crazy however to spontaneously do it would be great and having a template would be even better!!

OK , RICHARD YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SITE!!!!:D:D :D :D I wish all my requests were so easily fulfilled in life!!! LOL

October is almost here. Can you believe it is snowing outside right now in Utah!

Anyway I am just bumping this thread to remind everybody about the beenbooed.com web site.

Happy Booing!

beenbooed-color.jpg

This sounds really fun. Thanks for the hard work Richard. I wonder how my neighborhood would react. Actually the whole town could be involved since it is so small.:D

My neighbors just tolerate my display - I'm not sure they want to be "jingled" or "boo-ed."

Since it is anonymous, they will never know it was you! (Insert Evil Laughter). It is fun to see is spread down the street and know that you were the one responsible for starting it.

My neighbors just tolerate my display - I'm not sure they want to be "jingled" or "boo-ed."

I'm sure that tolerance and being your neighbor go hand in hand. :D

My neighborhood has been doing this since 2005 ... and my daughters absolutely LOVE it ...

Its a pretty cool thing, because it gets people doing nice stuff for each other ... and it spreads rapidly. :giggle: