Did you know?
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
mira

A Christmas Enthusiast Prayer

As I untangle strings of Christmas lights, Lord help me to remember that I do this first to honor You. Never let me get so prideful of my display that I fail to see the wonders in the eyes of a child or the joy on the faces of those who are still children at heart. Never let me forget that my total effort is to make Christmas memories, bring cheer and to slow down the pace of a hectic season if only for a moment. And Lord, someday when I meet you face to face, may I hear you say:

"When you made My people smile, you made Me smile."

It was me....Mira Moore. You have my permission to use it any way you see fit. Thanks!

It was me....Mira Moore. You have my permission to use it any way you see fit. Thanks!

Mira - I have placed the prayer on my site. You also have recognition for it.

Thank you.

Shawn and Roger.

Thank you! I am honored that you want to use my prayer on you websites. I work in a hospital and there is a poster in a hall I use frequently that has the verse from Matthew 25:40 'and the King will answer and say to them " Assureedly, I say to you , inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethern, you did it unto Me." (NKV) Jesus is speaking earlier in this passage of ministering to others and personlay I feel that includes making people happy. The prayer just kind of fell into place one day in just a few minutes when I got back to my desk after walking by the poster.

Mira, I don't have a website, but I have copied your prayer..its perfect. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I wonder if the Demented Elf might record this for us.

Thanks to everyone who has put the prayer on their websites! I need to remember what it says to keep from getting a big head. :)

Mira

The Demented Elf has done this already; an excellent job if I do say so myself - contact him. Because its one of our voice overs by him.

Thanks Mira - I actually found it on TFischer's web site and was compelled to use it...

Mira,

My wife and I had it made into a 4X8 coroplast sign that we display in our yard and it has been very meaningful to alot of folks. Thank you very much for sharing! Merry Christmas!

Schuyler Gore

I did record this for someone's display. If anyone would like a copy, please email me and I will send you a copy.

Merry Christmas

And it turned out great, I have had several people ask me about it, :)Thanks Mira and Kevin!

Mira,

Your words brought this grown man to tears, Thank you!! I am going to have a poster made and hang it in my office, thanks again!!

Well All,

You cannot meet any better people than Chuck and Mira. They have been there for me every step of the way as a newbie to LOR. At this point i am sure that Mira is on nerve pills and Chuck probably has no hair left after pulling it all out teaching me all the ropes.

I have been very blessed that God brought us all together to share this wonderful display of our faith.

And i will absolutely have her prayer in my display also.

Thanks Mira for making my display complete.

Your Best Friend,

Kim