Did you know?
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
michael b

Show a picture of your nativity

Guest A.F.NUT

I finally have a picture!!!!!! It took a while to get the lighting just right.

Check out the shadow!!!!

nativity800.jpg

You really got the light right it looks perfect! Tom

This is my first post since joining the forums. It took me a while to get pictures since my wife and I were blessed this year with our first child.

2009 Nativity Display: Part One!

This year, my Nativity has a brand new paintjob, one that I spent the entire summer doing. No more dark paint and dim pieces!

Enjoy!

post-318-129571173468_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571173475_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571173481_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571173491_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571173499_thumb.jpg

2009 Nativity Display: Part Two!

This year, my Nativity has a brand new paintjob, one that I spent the entire summer doing. No more dark paint and dim pieces!

Enjoy!

post-318-129571173507_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571173514_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571173525_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571173535_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571173543_thumb.jpg

Here is my 2009 blowmold nativitysattachment.php?attachmentid=26500&d=1259626918

How is this a pic of a Nativity? LOL! Awesome Nativity sets outside of this, though.

Here's mine -- new for this year. I made the stable out of 2x3's and wood slats from pallets. It turned out much larger than I had first envisioned. I have no idea where I am going to store it after Christmas!

Nativity.jpg

here's mine, it's the first yaer for the manger it's made out of wood pallets and pallet peices

Here's mine -- new for this year. I made the stable out of 2x3's and wood slats from pallets. It turned out much larger than I had first envisioned. I have no idea where I am going to store it after Christmas!

Nativity.jpg

That's an awesome Stable! I see you have some sort of system for keeping those blowmolds in place. Mind sharing?

Oh, where's your straw?!?! LOL!

Guest Lightzilla

I still need a picture of my manger scene, but I have it under a leaping arch. I figure that way people need to view the nativity scene.

I figure(I could be wrong though) that not to many folks on PC put their Nativity scene under arches.

I am Canadian so I do things differently that the average person.

I may have posted it last year, but here's a picture of mine I snapped last night.

attachment.php?attachmentid=26633&stc=1&d=1259811288

post-3431-129571175402_thumb.jpg

That's an awesome Stable! I see you have some sort of system for keeping those blowmolds in place. Mind sharing?

Oh, where's your straw?!?! LOL!

Thanks! I'm torn on the straw. Can't decide if I'm going to put some out or not. Trying to keep my grass from being destroyed. I move the pieces around every few days just enough to keep them from being in the exact same spot.

See this thread for the "system" -- a little something my son and I came up with to keep them from blowing over and hopefully make them a little less likely to walk off. The pieces inside the stable are attached to the floor of the stable in the same way.

The straw never hurts my lawn, but hey, to each his own!

Awesome system! I've been thinking about doing something similar to my Empire Set for my Mom's yard next year.

Here are a few pics of ours. This was our first Nativity and we hope to build off of it next year and make it much better. Really want it to be more of the center of our display.

Here are a few pics of ours. This was our first Nativity and we hope to build off of it next year and make it much better. Really want it to be more of the center of our display.

I love the detail! Great job arranging the set and the lights above it. :)