Did you know?
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
michael b

Show a picture of your nativity

very nice, looks like you got quite the deal!

I am off to set up my nativity and will post the final result later tonight I hope.

Here is pics of all my indoor mangers scenes so far there will be several post. :D

Im actaully making a new post to keep this one form fillin up.

post-9005-129571088321_thumb.jpg

post-9005-129571088332_thumb.jpg

post-9005-12957108834_thumb.jpg

post-9005-12957108835_thumb.jpg

Edited by shawniepooh
moving to new post

Very Nice Jim, I have the same scene except you have a few more characters than I do. I will take some pictures as well and send them to you. Are all of your lights up and running - Mine are all up and going - I am going to work on my amperage distribution a little today - we have a street lighting cermony tonight - that should be fun - at the sound of the air horn at 6:00pm all lights on the street will flip on - of course that is official - evryone has had there's on since Thanksgiving - it should be fun.

Thanks for sending the pictures.

Here is my 2008 Edition to this thread.

The first pic is of my Mom's Nativity in her yard - which is an Empire Holy Family that I found on the roadside, stripped, and then repainted - the rest are of my Beco/GenFoam-Poloron-TPI-Union Nativity in my yard:

Mom's Nativity

attachment.php?attachmentid=15363&d=1228159799

My Nativity

attachment.php?attachmentid=15368&d=1228159970

attachment.php?attachmentid=15369&d=1228159991

attachment.php?attachmentid=15370&d=1228160017

attachment.php?attachmentid=15376&d=1228160420

attachment.php?attachmentid=15377&d=1228160439

Edited by SilverCreedWolf
Edited to format.

Wow, very nice! I thought that you hated pink Josephs? My neighbor has those wisemen and I think that they are the coolest!:cool: I have the Empire set like the one at your mom's house, but with all the other people too.

Wow, very nice! I thought that you hated pink Josephs? My neighbor has those wisemen and I think that they are the coolest!:cool: I have the Empire set like the one at your mom's house, but with all the other people too.

Matt his joseph isnt pink its red like mine it is just the way the pic looks. lol

post-9005-129571089874_thumb.jpg

Stop that! Every time you show pictures of that particular set, I get more and more jealous! My neighbor has that one, and I want one of those so bad! Grrrr! Who is that one by the way, General Foam, Poloron, or another company?

Ya i know i wanted both of those sets for years and years and i got both in one summer lol Keep whishing you will get them :D

Mmmmm... Both in the same summer? Sweet deal, maybe I'll see if he'll sell it to me even though I already have that Empire one... I don't know, maybe I like it better in his yard, so I don't have to worry about matnence and just to enjoy it over there and be jealous here.

Love the Wise Men coming from what I assume is East!! My brother and I always talked about doing that--starting at the next door neighbors and just moving them a bit until they arrived at my Nativity on Jan 6. But never got it done...would take some serious extension cords and younger folks to get out and move them when it is too cold LOL

Your pictures are GREAT and you have done a super job!!