Did you know?
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
michael b

Show a picture of your nativity

Guest Lightzilla

Wow it has been a long time since anyone posted on this thread ....................... I am glad to see it come to life again even if it is just a few posts.

Whatever happened to people posting on a Christ Centered Christmas Display? What I mean is, why is there such a lack of posting in this part of the forum?

It might be hard to believe but God is still alive.

OK, here's mine:

35682_1478014077562_1450070609_31288517_8055030_n.jpg

Actually, this is at the "Grotto of the Redemption" in West Bend, IA. I grew up about an hour from there, and was back there for the first time in may years this past Sunday. Those figures are made of top-quality Italian marble. The back wall of this particular grotto is all petrified wood.

Here's another Nativity they have there, called the Christmas Grotto, which unlike the rest of the place, is indoors. Pretty much everything you see is precious and semi-precious stones:

35682_1478014117563_1450070609_31288518_6330397_n.jpg

photo.php?pid=31288518&id=1450070609&fbid=1478014117563photo.php?pid=31288518&id=1450070609&fbid=1478014117563

Here is a picture of mine from 2006. It hasn't really changed much, we just relocate it each year.

Will Sanders

I really like this look. Is is made or bought?

Here is a shot of my nativity and Jesus the reason for the season sign.

Did you make the sign?

2010 Nativity

I have had the blow molds for quite a few years now but I have added the manger now. Seeing all these Nativities on this thread, inspired me to build one up too. So here it is. The other picture is our Fisher Price Little People Nativity inside our home. The kids really LOVE that one

The nativity is great way to share the real story. It is amazing the amount of people who love to see this display. It is a walk through display in our back yard which is on between our syncronized light shows.

We have made all of the nativity except for Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus. We wanted to show the real meaning of the Christmas story in a great way. The Angel is 3D. We wanted it to look as realistic as possible. It is a litte difficult to see the remaining two wise men but they are beside the one leading the camel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40401[/ATTACH]

More pictures and info are avaiable at www.christmasonbisley.com

Here is a picture of my Nativity. I purchased Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus from Lori's several years ago. I made the rest except the two angels.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40404[/ATTACH]

Here's my 2010 addition to this thread.

Pic 1 is my Nativity in my yard, Pic 2 is the Nativity in my Mom's yard, and pic 3 is the Nativity I have displayed in my house. Enjoy!

post-318-129571259844_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571259849_thumb.jpg

post-318-129571259856_thumb.jpg

This is my first post and first attempt at a Nativity. It's a bit large right now, but I'm going to get the rest of the set after christmas I hope. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40599[/ATTACH]

Wish I had posted before the blizzard in Minnesota! This is the life-sized set in our yard, had to dig down to find Baby Jesus about 15 inches down and put him on top. The camel on the right is the giant camel to help with perspective.

nativity_snow.jpg

Still thankful to have at least half of the overall display above the snow line!

Guest Lightzilla

This is good stuff. These are awesome nativity displays for 2010. Tim might be wishing for a nativity like in the picture he posted.......well maybe not because if vandalism ever happened he would likely cry.

Alright here is mine, took a bit to grab the camera and get the pics onto the computer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40813[/ATTACH]

post-2427-12957126138_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40814[/ATTACH]Here is my nativity, new are the TPI figures, as in the past it was mostly very mitch match, but

I still love the mixing the camels, and the angels.

Here's a couple of pics of my nativity set. Merry Christmas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41266[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41265[/ATTACH]

OH BOY!! Its just about that time of year again!! Cant wait to see all the nativity scenes this year!!! Sure I will post mine as soon as its up!!!!

Jim

OH BOY!! Its just about that time of year again!! Cant wait to see all the nativity scenes this year!!! Sure I will post mine as soon as its up!!!!

Jim

Yeah, I can't wait either! Love this time of year!

Okay, I finally added a nativity this year to my display.  I custom built the stable with some old pallet wood and some new cedar boards.  It comes apart by removing some hinge pins so I can store it more compactly.  The "beam" holding up the roof hides a bunch of LED flood lights that really make this stand out when I want it to and because it is down-lit, very little light bleeds over to the rest of the display or house.  If anyone is interested in how I incorporated this into my animated show his year, here is a link to my entire show (of course it is always better in person, but you'll  get the idea): 

And, of course, if anyone has any other questions about this, I'm happy to answer them.

Sorry, I can't get the photo attached - I'll work on it and see if I can figure it out.

Edited by Statman

Okay, I finally added a nativity this year to my display.  I custom built the stable with some old pallet wood and some new cedar boards.  It comes apart by removing some hinge pins so I can store it more compactly.  The "beam" holding up the roof hides a bunch of LED flood lights that really make this stand out when I want it to and because it is down-lit, very little light bleeds over to the rest of the display or house.  If anyone is interested in how I incorporated this into my animated show his year, here is a link to my entire show (of course it is always better in person, but you'll  get the idea): 

And, of course, if anyone has any other questions about this, I'm happy to answer them.

Sorry, I can't get the photo attached - I'll work on it and see if I can figure it out.

post-9170-0-42328200-1389041064_thumb.jppost-9170-0-98146300-1389041078_thumb.jp

Okay, I figured out the photo issues.