Did you know?
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
michael b

Show a picture of your nativity

Here are a few pics of ours. This was our first Nativity and we hope to build off of it next year and make it much better. Really want it to be more of the center of our display.

Very nice! I like the fire as well.

Thanks Guys, we appreciate the positive feedback. I was very pleased with the fire. The bulbs actually move like real fire. Next year I hope to add some of the animals and a nice angel.

Guest Lightzilla

My manger scene is nothing fancy, I have Mary, Joseph, a donkey, a lamb, and a camel.

Here is a picture of the manger scene (under an arch) at the start of the snow storm and a picture of the manger scene after the snow storm ends.

All you see is the face of Mary, the donkey's ears, and the camel's hump, but the lamb is buried.

post-8560-129571177339_thumb.jpg

post-8560-129571177351_thumb.jpg

post-8560-129571177339_thumb.jpg

post-8560-129571177351_thumb.jpg

Mine is a very eclectic nativity. Beco, TPI, Empire and Poloron, everyone

is included.

My collecting of Blow Molds and Nativities grew out

of one that I use to make my dad drive to several times

each year growing up.

Nativity count including the one outside, this year is 57.

Here's ours.:santasmileyitty:

thanks john:santasmileyitty:

Go to additional options.under were you post.hit manage attachments then pick your files you have saved on your pc.hope this helps.:santasmileyitty:

Please who knows how to attach a picture in here?

When you post a reply, and the typing template comes up, after you've typed your message, scroll down, and you will see a button that reads "Manage Attachements." Use that to upload your pic(s).

I put my Nativity Set by our Mailbox by itself with my Northstar hanging 20' in a tree over the top of the display.

[ATTACH]28183[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28184[/ATTACH]

Here's my nativity scene for 2009. Only used a few pieces in it this year so it would fit my theme. Every year I do a different theme and center the display around it. This year was "Through the Years". I turned 40 a few days after Christmas, so I divided the yard into 4 sections and displayed blow molds that I remembered from each of the 4 decades of my life. I put a Poloron nativity scene in the 1970s section because as a young child I remember a house near me had this set. They only had Mary, Joseph, Jesus, and 2 lambs along with the stable, so that's all I displayed this year. Their set was surrounded by pine trees, so I attempted to recreate that look using artificial trees.

2009_Nativity_Choir.jpg

Here is my navity this year. We added the 3 Wisemen and a baby lamb. All the wireframes are purchased from Lori's. My daughter and i put the lights on.

Guest A.F.NUT

I used my new Santas Best nativity in the front display this year. All the pieces came from other PC members in trades and some simply as gifts, so it has a little more meaning. I also used my old Poloron set in the back again. Tom

Hereismy nativity, not a great picture. It was my grandmother's she made years ago. It is missing a few pieces. Over the years my Grandpa (who is now 93) dropped and broke a wiseman, which I replaced, broke the hand off another wiseman, and broke a few other pieces too. We had camels too but they finally gave way and broke (of course grandpa broke one of them).

Sorry about the pic.

Guest blowmoldman

Here is a pic of my collection. I was 8 years old then, and I almost have 200 nativities. I started collecting when i was 3 years old.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35144[/ATTACH]

Edited by blowmoldman

I almost have 200 nativities. I started collecting when i was 3 years old.

NICE! You'd get along great with my Step-Mother. She collects Salt and Pepper Shakers!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35149[/ATTACH]

... And she has HUNDREDS More boxed up!